As the tech world winds down from CES, international social media analysis firm Talkwalker is measuring the top buzz from more than 824,000 mentions of CES over the past seven days. Of all the amazing innovations and imaginations on display in Las Vegas, these have risen to the peak of social media’s most mentions and shares.
Overall mentions of CES (7 days on news sites, blogs, forums, social media): over 824,000 mentions
Top 5 brands (10:30 AM EST):
- Samsung (over 55,300 mentions)
- Google (over 51,100 mentions)
- Apple (over 43,600 mentions)
- Amazon (over 43,100 mentions)
- LG (over 40,200 mentions)
Products that are buzzing on social
- Royale FlexPai foldable smartphone
- Foldimate, a laundry folding machine
- Wicharge, a wireless technology to charge your devices no matter where you are in the room
- BMW’s self-riding motorcycle
- Amazon’s Alexa after it interrupted a Qualcomm presentation at CES saying “No, that’s not true”
Also trending at CES: Apple’s privacy billboard (appeared twice in the top 20 CES English tweets)
The top hashtag related to the show is #CES2019 with more than 375,000 mentions in the past week.
Top 3 English tweets about CES so far (10:30AM EST)
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) January 8, 2019
SM Entertainment and SK telecom 5GX’s first collaboration ‘5G x Next Entertainment’ is unveiled at the world's best IT electronics exhibition ‘CES 2019’ in Las Vegas, US!#SKT5GX #5GX #SKT5GXSM #5GxNextEntertainment #SK텔레콤 #SKT #SMentertainment #SM #CES2019 #CES pic.twitter.com/K6q18RwvJf
— SMTOWN (@SMTOWNGLOBAL) January 9, 2019
— Ben Wood (@benwood) January 8, 2019
Top 5 YouTube videos about CES (based on the number of views)
YouTube Vlogger Linus Sebastian is killing it at CES with 4 of the top 5 videos linked to the conference.
- ASUS left us unsupervised…by Linus Tech Tips (over 1.1 million views – led by YouTube vlogger Linus Sebastian)
- Razer FINALLY listened to me!! by Linus Tech Tips (over 980, 300 views)
- The tech MKBHD is bringing to CES 2019by the Verge (over 961,100 views)
- Desktop performance… In THIS?? by Linus Tech Tips (over 894,900 views)
- How has EVERYONE overlooked this?? by Linus Tech Tips (over 826,900 views)
Talkwalker is a social listening and analytics company that empowers over 2,000 brands and agencies to optimize the impact of their communication efforts. We provide companies with an easy-to-use platform to protect, measure, and promote their brands worldwide, across all communication channels.