CHICAGO, February 11, 2020—Over 60% of Top 1000 retailers currently use a vendor to power their ecommerce platform.
With 46% of retailers surveyed indicating that ecommerce platforms are a top-three technology priority for their budgets this year, understanding what platforms retailers are finding success on matters.
In fact, 58% of respondents to the 2019 Ecommerce Technology Survey said that they have invested in ecommerce platform technology from a vendor over the last 12 months.
Matt Day, digital marketing and ecommerce manager at sporting goods retailer Spalding, said of his decision to use Saleforce’s Commerce Cloud, “We saw our ecommerce really take off from all of the platforms coming together. It gave us a successful foundation for a record-breaking 2019.”
Some of the top remarks retailers have made concerning their ecommerce platform include:
- The need for a comprehensive system that allows integration of mobile and desktop formatting without sacrificing one for the other
- A platform which can host a larger amount of data and handle multiple orders at the same time
- The need for flexibility and configurability to the shopping experience
This report includes case studies of several retailers using the most popular ecommerce platforms and the success and tactics they have used since switching. It also includes a look at the top ecommerce platform vendors that retailers are using, details on pricing and product information, and results from the 2019 Ecommerce Technology Survey.
ABOUT DIGITAL COMMERCE 360 RESEARCH
Digital Commerce 360 Research (formerly Internet Retailer Research and B2BecNews Research) uses a unique journalistic approach and data-gathering process to establish worldwide relationships with retailers and collect benchmarking data and best practices in both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) ecommerce. The data we collect is accessible to our members through online databases, annual analysis reports, and custom research.
Latest posts by Advertising Week (see all)
- Parents Who Lead: Embrace the Four-Way View for a Richer Life - February 24, 2020
- Uncommon Thinking: Trevor Noah, Host, The Daily Show - February 20, 2020
- Global Advertising Firm Transitions to Nuxeo Cloud Service - February 18, 2020