During an exclusive party hosted by BT, The Marketing Academy announced the cohort of marketing executives selected for the 9th year of their coveted UK Scholarship Programme.
Following a 3 stage selection process that included over 400 nominations, 90 ‘pitches’ and 60 face to face interviews, The Marketing Academy UK has selected just 30 emerging leaders from client side brands, media owners, agencies and start-ups selected to attend its UK 2018 Scholarship Programme.
This free but highly selective leadership programme for talented brand, media and agency talent is designed to utilize the collective knowledge of the industry to develop the Scholars skills and prepare them for their journey towards board level business leaders.
Speaking of the selection process Academy Founder Sherilyn Shackell said ‘I’m delighted that yet again the industry has displayed both the quality of its talent and its commitment to developing the emerging generation of leaders who will shape our future. Our Alumni are making an impact the world over due to the incredible company’s and people who invest their time and wisdom into our programme. I can’t wait to work with the Class of 2018 during what promises to be an amazing year’.
The prestigious Scholarship Programme, sponsored this year by Facebook, ITV, Accenture, PHD, Virgin Atlantic and BT includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of over 50 industry ‘Mentors’ including; Keith Weed CMO Unilever, Toby Jenner Global COO Mediacom, Magnus Djaba Global President Saatchi & Saatchi, Craig Inglis Customer Director John Lewis, Ed Smith GM Marketing EMEA Amazon, Sara Bennison CMO Nationwide, Caroline Hudack Marketing Director Airbnb.
In addition to the mentoring Scholars are each assigned an Executive Coach, attend 3 residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers and experience 4 Lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
Alumni of the programme describe the Scholarship as ‘a once in a lifetime opportunity’, ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
The Academy also announced its up-coming launch of the US Scholarship with the first programme opening for nominations in NYC in June.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy UK Scholarship Class of 2018:
- Amy Tippen, Board Account Director, AMV BBDO
- Andrea Cappi, Global Senior Brand Manager, Unilever
- Bella Blenkinsopp, PR Manager, David Beckham Ventures
- Breffni Horgan, Director of Product, Hostelworld Group
- Carly O’Donnell, Press Office Manager, Virgin Atlantic
- Chiara Radini, Performance Marketing Manager, Kano Computing
- Chris Clayton, Senior Marketing Manager, Nationwide Building Society
- Crystal Eisinger, Strategy & Operations Manager, Google
- Ed Cracknell , Head of Marketing, BT Sport, BT
- Ed Duncan, Head of Brand and Advertising, Smart Energy GB
- Emma Roberts, Lean In Europe Program Lead, Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Foundation
- Florence Broderick, Director of Solutions Marketing, CARTO
- Gini Sharvill, Global Senior Brand Manager Haagen-Dazs, General Mills
- Jack Rogers, Co-Founder, Chappy
- Jessica Treasure, Business Director, PHD Media
- Joanna Della-Ragione, Creative Producer, Kodak
- Joe Mitchell, Snr Global Product & Marketing Manager, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Josh Turner, Founder, Stand 4 Socks
- Kate Peregrine, Senior Commercial Manager, Dyson
- Kwabena Agyeman-Mensah, Lead Content Strategist, JWT
- Laura Vipond, New Business Director, Karmarama
- Lauren Reynolds, Brand Marketing Manager, ITV Studios
- Mark Alldred, Brand Director Quick Meals, Premier Foods
- Miruna Constantinescu, Senior Marketing Manager, Mallow and Marsh
- Mollie Pearse, Head of Marketing Fin Services EMEA, Facebook
- Phoebe Gormley, Founder, Gormley and Gamble
- Sandie Dilger, Strategy Partner, Ogilvy & Mather
- Scott Fenton, Marketing Director EMEA, UFC
- Tony Marsden, Senior Strategy Lead , Bow and Arrow
- Will Moy, Director, Full Fact
About The Marketing Academy www.themarketingacademy.org.uk
Founded in the UK February 2010, in Australia in 2015 The Marketing Academy is a non-profit and largely voluntary organisation that develops leadership capability in talented marketers within the Marketing, Media, Advertising and Communications sectors. The Marketing Academy core programmes, whilst highly selective, are provided free of charge.
The UK Scholarship: Now entering its ninth year The Marketing Academy Scholarship Programme is for emerging marketing & advertising talent. Sponsored by Facebook, Virgin Atlantic, BT, PHD Accenture and ITV.
The Australia Scholarship: The first sponsor-funded mentoring and leadership programme in Australia is sponsored by Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Google Australia, NewsCorp, Microsoft and PwC.
The CMO Fellowship: Exclusively for CMO’s and Marketing Directors, developed and delivered in partnership with McKinsey & Company, sponsored by Facebook & Microsoft
Alumni Programme UK and Australia: A series of events exclusively for the 330 Alumni of the Marketing Academy Scholarship programmes.
The Marketing Academy Foundation Apprentices: A 12 month fully salaried apprenticeship scheme for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and developed in partnership with The Princes Trust www.tma-foundation.org.
Inspire & Campus Events: A series of coaching breakfasts, leadership lectures and innovative learning events to help leaders grow, progress and build relationships with other like-minded learners. 100% of all profits are donated to the Marketing Academy Foundation.
The Marketing Academy is run by the Marketing Hall of Legends UK a registered non-profit organisation.